Getting a clarinet that you can play for long years is an important thing whether you’re an advanced player or an intermediate player. We believe Glory Clarinet is very good in that sense because it is a very high-quality clarinet that you can be with you for a long time.
Before getting to our detailed review, let’s say that Glory Clarinet comes with excellent features such as a perfect body finish, it has a decent sound quality and it is easy to play which makes it a great option for beginners and intermediate players.
Glory Clarinet (2020 Review)
About: Glory is very famous among students because they manage to produce budget friendly products that can be considered as great starter products. That is why this clarinet is often recommended by most tutors.
Features: There are a lot of things about Glory Clarinet that make us believe that this clarinet is an ideal option for beginners and the fact that this product comes as fine-tuned before it hits the market. Therefore, there is no need for you to tune it again, you can just play this product as soon as you receive it.
We also like the sound quality of this product a lot because it has an even tone throughout the range. This is essential because getting a clarinet with such a great sound quality for this price tag is rare to come by.
It also comes with an adjustable thumb rest which we also like because finding the ideal position for your thumb is very important considering that you will play this clarinet for long hours.
We also like the fact that Glory Clarinet comes with various accessories such as hard-shell case, a second barrel, a mouthpiece, a cap, reed and a cleaning rod for easy cleaning and all of these features are very important and they will make much easier for you to use this clarinet.
As for the material, we should mention that this clarinet comes with an ebonite ABS body which is a natural hard rubber. That makes this clarinet very durable and that is why you can opt for this clarinet if there is a chance for you to drop your clarinet a lot.
All the good features that we mentioned above aside, we should mention that this clarinet is not a professional clarinet and you might be better off with products that are at the higher end if you’re a professional player.
Is it Better to Buy or Rent?
There are two things that you can do when getting a clarinet which is to rent or to buy. It might be a good idea to rent if you know that you’re not going to play your clarinet for a long time. However, if you’re going to play your clarinet for a long time, it is often a better idea to buy instead of renting and there are good reasons for it.
- Even though the first instinct is to save money when renting, we believe buying can also save you money in some way. Since long term rental fees can add up quickly, renting might cost more than buying and that is especially true if you’re going to play your instrument for a long time.
- It is possible get a clarinet that has some defects such as scratches on it when you rent. However, when you buy a clarinet, the chance that you’re going to get a clarinet that has some defects is not likely and even if that is the case, most clarinets come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty which makes them preferable.
- You can also sell your clarinet if you want to get a new one after a while which is something you can’t do if you rent it. That is why, we highly suggest buying a clarinet instead of renting if you’re serious about playing clarinet.
Should You Buy Online or Buy from a Music Store?
You can do either one depending on your circumstances because both have its own advantages and disadvantages. But we believe it is often more practical to buy online in today’s world for the reasons that we will talk about below.
- Better Prices: You probably know this but since online shopping has become a craze, the chance that you will encounter better prizes online is much higher. You can also follow sales like Black Friday but even if you don’t, you will always find better prices online.
- Much More Options: The chance that you will find the clarinet in a music store is not likely since your options will be limited to what they have in the market. On the other hand, if you shop online, your chances are almost limitless.
- Reviews: What we like most about online shopping is the fact that it gives you a chance to review the products that you want to buy including a musical instrument. You can take a look at the reviews made by people who played a clarinet before and you can also take a look at the ratings.
Conclusion: Glory Clarinet (2021 Review)
In this review, we took a look at Glory Clarinet which is one of the best budget friendly clarinets that you can find in the market. It is true that there are better clarinets in the market, but if you’re beginner or an intermediate player who don’t want to spend a lot but still want to get a high-quality clarinet, this is probably the clarinet you’re looking for.
It is not a good idea to get a clarinet that you can play for a couple of months and replace it with another one and we believe Glory Clarinet can last you for long years!